Art, Antiques, and Boutique Shops
Art Galleries and Studios
The Arts Center of Orange: (Two blocks down Main Street) The Arts Center houses a large gallery and gift shop, classrooms, and The Orange Studio.
The Corner House Gallery: (One block up Main Street) Holiday Shoppe with fantastic gifts such as hand painted items and one of a kind handcrafted jewelry. Also featuring Linda Boudreaux Montgomery's original paintings and prints of historic sites & landscapes. Open Thanksgiving - Christmas 10a - 5p.
Amnon Jewelry Repair: (Appointments at the Holladay House!) Amnon Cohen takes his 50 years of NYC Diamond District jewelry knowledge to Orange, VA! Specializing in resizing, intricate repairs and antique piece repair.
Original Designs by Maria Pace: (1/2 block down Main Street) All of the homewares (pillows, wallpapers, bedding, hand towels, sachets, paper, etc) are based on Maria's original watercolor paintings. Everything Maria makes is either limited edition or one of one. Sewing is done by Maria on her great-great Grandmother's machine or by a local seamstress. Fabric and wallpaper are printed in NC. An amazing shop run by an amazing person! Open Thursday - Saturday 10a - 6p.
The Loft: (1/2 block down Main Street) Watercolor artist and photographer, Alana Fuller, produces fine paper stationery and gifts in her studio shop. Open Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturdays 10am - 5p.
Ed Jaffe Gallery: (Two blocks down Main Street) From the Jaffe website: “Featuring more carved marble than any other gallery outside Manhattan.”
Graves Fine Art Gallery: (10 miles) From the Print Shop website: “ Original prints from the reign of the last Stuart Kings, the Georgian and Victorian periods. British watercolours and oils from the 1700s to modern times. All original works of art.”
Stokes of England Ironworks: (10 miles) From the Stokes website: "Architectural and ornamental ironwork from a master craftsman with a family tradition of hundreds of years in the craft."
Nichols Gallery: (12 miles) Landscape prints and paintings.
Sun’s Traces: (12 miles) From the Sun’s website: “ Featuring ceramic work created by Paula Brown-Steedly who also creates stunning one-of-a-kind equine pieces. The gallery also represents other artisans in glass, fiber, metalworking, woodturning, weaving and photography.”
Nan Rothwell Pottery: (59 miles) From the Nan Rothwell website: “My pots are made to be used to enhance the rituals of preparing and eating food, to hold flowers, to light a corner for reading. Making functional work connects me to the age-old tradition of artist craftsmen who make beautiful objects for daily use. I offer classes and workshops in my studio, and I also teach at conferences and craft schools. I had some wonderful teachers when I was first learning to pot, and teaching allows me to pass the favor on.”
- Melrose Antiques (Two blocks down Main Street)
- JS Mosby’s Antiques and Artifacts (Two blocks down Main Street)
- Ruckersville Antique Marketplaces (20 miles)
- Shabby Love (Two blocks down Main Street)
- Friends of the Library Used Book Store (Three blocks down Main Street)
- Laurie Holladay Interiors (10 miles)
- S.H. Merrick Fashion and Interiors (10 miles)
- Floradise Orchids (9 miles)
- Greater Gordonsville Virginia
- Charlottesville Country Properties: Specializing in country homes, farms and estates in the seven counties surrounding Charlottesville. With 27 years of brokerage experience, they will answer all your questions and help you find the perfect home whether it be a mountain cabin or an historic estate.