The Oak Room – A Great Place to Experience Virginia
This traditional bed and breakfast accommodation in Orange, VA was the residence of Ms. Louise Holladay (Dr. Lewis Holladay’s oldest daughter) during the early 1900s. Louise taught local children in a one-room private school house here on the Holladay House property.
Now decorated in warm Williamsburg colors, this happy room welcomes you as its guest. A queen-sized bed with a high carved antique oak headboard is the room’s centerpiece. A matching dresser and end tables compliment it nicely. A TV/DVD player sits conveniently across from the bed. Includes a private bath with a tub/shower combination. This room may accommodate one twin-sized rollaway bed.
Rate: $169 plus tax. Weekday and seasonal discounts may be available – check the availability calendar. This rate applies for up to 2 occupants.
Extra Occupant fee: See our Policies page for details.
Traveling for Business?
This comfortable room is our most popular business accommodation. Equipped with free WIFI, a convenient roll-top desk, a surge-protected power strip, and an inkjet printer (printing services are free of charge), this room is perfect for anyone conducting business, historical research, or genealogy in Orange, Virginia, especially since we are only one block away from the Orange County courthouse, and the Orange County Historical Society!
If you are in Orange for business, historical research, or genealogy in Virginia, we offer
- a competitive business travel rate, or
- a special Genealogy and Historical Research Package, which includes all kinds of great extras and “in the know” advice to assist your research!
- 1 night in this room
- bottle of Virginia wine (Sparkling wine available for an additional charge)
- a freshly baked, made-from-scratch, dark chocolate lava cake for 2 OR a fruit & cheese tray
- dinner at one of many fine local restaurants.
Visit our Romance Packages in Virginia page for pricing and additional details!
Of course, we have plenty of other ways you can make your stay memorable!
- Surprise her with a fresh floral bouquet or a romantic orchid
- Indulge in our sinful Chocoholic Indulgence
- Experience James Madison’s Montpelier
Check out our Special Upgrades page for other ideas to craft your perfect getaway!