Relax in Charm and Comfort
This bright and cheerful room is the perfect place to settle down after a fun day of visiting James Madison's Montpelier, savoring local Virginia wine, or exploring the picturesque Virginia countryside. Recently refreshed with a happy new color scheme, Helen's Haven is a guest favorite. Formerly called the "Green Room," this room features original woodwork, including an original built-in wardrobe, solid wood doors, and crown moulding. The pleasing green trim (a Holladay family favorite) and early twentieth century furnishings (including an antique carved wooden headboard) provide ample historic charm, while the new addition of period-appropriate Japanese accents makes the room fresh and inviting.
Relax with a good book in the cozy slipper chair or curl up in the queen-sized bed in front of the television. The private bathroom includes a stand-up shower.
Rate: $169 plus tax. Seasonal discounts may be available – check the availability calendar.
Guests who select this room love to explore all that central Virginia has to offer! Visit our Virginia Travel Packages page to get some fun ideas about how to get the most out of your Vacation in Virginia! Options include:
- Selecting our Chef's Table Package to get a front-row seat while acclaimed Chef Randy Cooper of Elmwood at Sparks restaurant prepares the perfect meal for you!
- Flying high over Orange County's rolling hills, rivers, and expansive estates in a scenic bi-plane ride
- Romancing your partner with our Cupid Package
- Digging for archaeological treasure at James Madison’s Montpelier
- Listening to the cascading waterfalls during a Guided Hike in the Shenandoah National Park.
Of course, we have plenty of other ways you can make your stay memorable!
- Experience James Madison’s Montpelier
- Tour some of Virginia’s best wineries with free tasting room passes and a basket filled with an assortment of cheese, meat, crackers, gourmet chocolate truffles and sparkling water!
- Surprise her with a fresh floral bouquet or a romantic orchid
- Indulge in our sinful Chocoholic Indulgence
- Sooth your soul with a pot of fine gourmet tea and delectable home-made scones delivered to your room.
There are tons of other possibilities! Check out our Special Upgrades page for other ideas to craft your perfect getaway!