Relax in Charm and Comfort
In 1910 and 1917, the Holladay family expanded their house to accommodate their growing family, and it was during that time that the Holladays added this room to their historic Main Street property. Trimmed in a pleasing green that was a Holladay family favorite, this bright and cozy room is loaded with traditional charm. The Green Room is Sam’s favorite room in the house!
This bed and breakfast accommodation is furnished with a queen-sized brass bed and a wonderful antique-style quilt. Relax with a good book in the antique slipper chair or just curl up in bed in front of the television. The private bathroom is in the room and includes a stand-up shower.
Rate: $159 plus tax. Weekday and seasonal discounts may be available – check the availability calendar.
Guests who select this room love to explore all that central Virginia has to offer! Visit our Virginia Travel Packages page to get some fun ideas about how to get the most out of your Vacation in Virginia! Options include:
- Taking a peaceful guided kayak trip on the Rapidan River
- Experiencing breath-taking vistas from a Hot Air Balloon
- Digging for buried treasure on an Archaeology Excursion at James Madison’s Montpelier
- Skydiving with one of the country’s best skydiving outfits
- Listening to the cascading waterfalls in the Shenandoah National Park.
Of course, we have plenty of other ways you can make your stay memorable!
- Experience James Madison’s Montpelier
- Tour some of Virginia’s best wineries with free tasting room passes and a basket filled with an assortment of cheese, meat, crackers, gourmet chocolate truffles and sparkling water!
- Surprise her with a fresh floral bouquet or a romantic orchid
- Indulge in our sinful Chocoholic Indulgence
- Sooth your soul with a pot of fine gourmet tea, delectable home-made scones, and two souvenir tea cups and saucers delivered to your room.
There are tons of other possibilities! Check out our Special Upgrades page for other ideas to craft your perfect getaway!