Food and Drink
Our region specializes in fantastic local farm products, acclaimed restaurants, world-class Virginia wineries, and a general flair for all things related to food and fun! Our food and drink packages are designed to help you experience some of the great gastronomy the Piedmont region has to offer.
Complimentary Winery Tasting Passes
Stay at the Holladay House Bed and Breakfast and we can arrange for complimentary wine tasting passes to a selection of area wineries!
VIP Gourmet Food + Wine Package
$375 per couple, including tax and tip, not including overnight room charge
Pairing Central Virginia Wine Tours and DuCard Vineyards, this package is sure to please the food and wine lover!
- Central Virginia Wine Tours will arrive at the Holladay House in a luxury SUV at noon for your private ride to DuCard Vineyards. Relax as the Central VA scenery rolls by.
- Arriving at DuCard around 1pm, you will join a small VIP group in a behind-the-scenes area of the winery overlooking the mountains and vines. You will be served a flight of DuCard wines, each paired with gourmet small plates.
- DuCard's in-house Chef changes the menu often as the local farmers bring in what's in season. An example of what might be on your small plate: spring lamb with garlic and olive oil, shrimp with lemon butter reduction, caprese salad with tomatoes and basil, farmer's market raspberries, and mini cheesecakes.
- The event is concluded with a tasting of a not-yet-released vintage still in production, right from the barrel.
- Central Virginia Wine Tours will chauffeur you from DuCard to either Early Mountain Vineyards or Prince Michel, and then back to the Holladay House.
How to book this package:
- Call your innkeeper to make your room reservation at 540 672 4893. Ask for this package to be added to your reservation.
- We'll need to know your first date choice and second date choice for the VIP Gourmet Food + Wine Package (see available dates below). Please also tell us if you have any food allergies/restrictions DuCard's Chef must know about.
- We will book the Food + Wine Program for you. Central Virginia Wine Tours will call you to book and confirm your transportation.
- Please Note: this package must be booked at least a week in advance and will be charged upon booking. This package is refundable up to 72 hours beforehand. Must be 21 years old or older to participate in this program.
Dates this package are available (due to limited seating, your first choice date may not be able to be accommodated):
- May 7, 15, 21, 22
- June 4, 5, 18
- July 9. 10, 23
- August 7, 14, 27, 28
Chef's Table Package
$150 for two guests, not including alcoholic beverages, tax or gratuity
Get a front-row seat to one of the most celebrated restaurants in the region: Elmwood at Sparks. Chef Cooper's seasonally changed menus blends his Johnson and Wales training, his southern heritage and his dedication to local sourcing from natural and sustainable farmers. Just one short block away from the inn on Main Street, sit at the "chef's table" and have Chef Cooper personally serve you dinner. Add this package to any room reservation or other packages!
This package add-on for two people includes:
- Private dining at the chef's bar overlooking the open kitchen.
- Exclusive access to Chef Cooper, Sous Chef Ludwin and Restaurant Manager Laura for questions and discussions.
- 3-course gourmet locally-sourced dinner plus non-alcoholic beverages served by Cooper, Ludwin and Laura
This package is available Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights and is based on availability.
$49 for two guests, plus room and tax
Like Thomas Jefferson, we believe coffee to be "the favorite drink of the civilised world." We take our coffee seriously. Thankfully, Orange County is the home of Orange County Roasters! Orange County Roasters imports the finest coffee beans from all over the planet and roasts them to perfection right here in Orange, only a few blocks from the Holladay House.
Orange County Roasters is the exclusive producer of our popular Holladay House Signature Morning Coffee, which we serve every morning for breakfast.
Our Coffee Connoisseur Package takes discerning coffee-lovers beyond the breakfast table:
- Embark on a VIP tour of the Orange County Roasters facility, where you will learn all about coffee production and how to perfectly roast coffee beans to produce the precise taste you love.
- After your tour, you will have an opportunity to taste several different types of coffee and you will plainly understand how regional differences affect the flavor and texture of a cup of coffee.
- In addition, you will have the opportunity to purchase freshly roasted beans (ground or whole) onsite.
- Depart the Holladay House with a freshly roasted vacuum-sealed bag of Holladay House's Signature Coffee and your own Holladay House coffee mug.
24 hour advanced notice required. Please note that we will need to confirm with the roaster and we'll contact you with your tour time.
Make-Your-Own Jam Package
$459 for two guests, plus tax
Learn how to make jam with Brandy Hopwood of BerryWood Farm Market. Brandy's creative jams have been a hit at regional farmers markets!
Only a few miles from the inn, this two-night package includes:
- two-nights in Helen's Haven, the Blue Room, or the Oak Room
- delectable locally-sourced breakfast each morning
- a few hours in Brandy's kitchen learning how to make jam
- a scrumptious lunch served by Brandy
- a private tour of their farming operation, including the berry patches, fruit trees and Christmas trees
- two jars of your own personally labeled jam you made that day
- the opportunity to purchase Brandy's creative jams and bakery items at their Farm Store
- homemade cookies and coffee/tea when you return to the inn
- a list of other boutique farms you may visit in the area during the rest of your stay in Orange
This package is available year-round. Want to get a group together? Or do you have kids that would like to join in the fun? Contact us for group pricing.
Upgrade our popular historic fireplace suite, the John Madison Suite for only $100 more!
72 hour advanced notice required.
Private Winery/Cidery/Brewery Tours
$225 - $345 for up to 6 passengers, not including tax or gratuity
Special pricing for Holladay House Bed and Breakfast guests with our preferred transportation company, Central Virginia Wine Tours and Transportation.
If you want to visit wineries, cideries and/or breweries in this region but don't want to drive, Central Virginia Wine Tours will chauffeur you around for 6 hours in a luxury SUV! Private means YOU set the schedule: plan out your itinerary with your knowledgeable driver, including stops for lunch and scenic pictures! The price is per vehicle, not per person, so the prices below are good for up to 6 people!
To reserve, simply call the great folks at Central Virginia Wine Tours (540-809-3494) with your Holladay House Reservation Number and reference one of the tours below. Your driver will pick you up at the time of your choosing right in the Holladay House parlor! We'll make sure to hand you tasting passes before you leave.
Choose from two Private Winery/Cidery/Brewery Tours:
"The Local" Winery Tour
- You will be picked up in the Holladay House parlor at a time of your choosing.
- Your 6 hour Private Tour will include 3-4 wineries, including: Keswick Vineyard, Castle Hill Cider, Honah Lee, Horton Vineyard, Barboursville Vineyard, Early Mountain Vineyard, and DuCard Vineyard.
- Bottled water, ice and a cooler will be provided for your convenience.
Friday-Saturday: $275, plus gratuity
Sunday-Thursday $225, plus gratuity
"The Regional" Winery Tour
- You will be picked up in the Holladay House parlor at a time of your choosing. Please note it will take 45 minutes to reach the first winery or brewery with this tour.
- Your 6 hour Private Tour will include 3-4 wineries and/or breweries, including: King Family Vineyard, Pollak Vineyard, Veritas Vineyard, Flying Fox Vineyard, Cardinal Point Vineyard, Afton Vineyard, Bold Rock Cider, Silverback Distillery, Blue Mountain Brewery, Devils Backbone Brewery, Star Hill Brewery, and Wild Wolf Brewery.
- Bottled water, ice and a cooler will be provided for your convenience.
7 days a week: $345, plus gratuity
If your tour exceeds 6 hours, the extra charge is $45/hour. You may extend your tour per hour at your and the driver's convenience.
Get a large group together, book the inn, and hire the 14-passenger MiniBus Vanterra for "The Local" $445 weekdays and $495 weekends; "The Regional" $475 weekdays and $525 weekends.