Food and Drink
Our region specializes in fantastic local farm products, acclaimed restaurants, world-class Virginia wineries, and a general flair for all things related to food and fun! Our food and drink packages are designed to help you experience some of the great gastronomy the Piedmont region has to offer.
Complimentary Winery Tasting Passes
Stay at the Holladay House Bed and Breakfast and we can arrange for complimentary wine tasting passes to a selection of area wineries!
Chef's Table Package
$100 for two guests, not including alcoholic beverages, tax or gratuity
Get a front-row seat to one of the most celebrated restaurants in the region: Elmwood at Sparks. Chef Cooper's seasonally changed menus blends his Johnson and Wales training, his southern heritage and his dedication to local sourcing from natural and sustainable farmers. Just one short block away from the inn on Main Street, sit at the "chef's table" and have Chef Cooper personally serve you dinner. Add this package to any room reservation or other packages!
This package add-on for two people includes:
- Private dining at the chef's bar overlooking the open kitchen.
- Exclusive access to Chef Cooper, Sous Chef Ludwin and Restaurant Manager Laura for questions and discussions.
- 3-course gourmet locally-sourced dinner plus non-alcoholic beverages served by Cooper, Ludwin and Laura
This package is available Thursday, Friday and Saturday nights and is based on availability.
$49, plus room and tax
Like Thomas Jefferson, we believe coffee to be "the favorite drink of the civilised world." We take our coffee seriously. Thankfully, Orange County is the home of Orange County Coffee Roasters! Orange County Coffee Roasters imports the finest coffee beans from all over the planet and roasts them to perfection right here in Orange, only a few blocks from the Holladay House.
Orange County Coffee Roasters is the exclusive producer of our popular Holladay House Signature Morning Coffee, which we serve every morning for breakfast.
Our Coffee Connoisseur Package takes discerning coffee-lovers beyond the breakfast table. Embark on a VIP tour of the Orange County Roasters facility, where you will learn all about coffee production and how to perfectly roast coffee beans to produce the precise taste you love. After your tour, you will have an opportunity to taste several different types of coffee and you will plainly understand how regional differences affect the flavor and texture of a cup of coffee. In addition, you will have the opportunity to purchase freshly roasted beans (ground or whole) onsite.
Depart the Holladay House with a freshly roasted 16 oz. vacuum-sealed bag of Holladay House's Signature Coffee and your own Holladay House coffee mug. (Please note, the VIP tour is based on the roaster's schedule.)
24 hour advanced notice required.
Orange Jam Package
$429, including tax
Yes, you'll be in Orange, VA. Yes, you'll be learning how to make jam. No, you will not be jamming oranges. BUT you WILL be jamming local berries and other locally grown fruits!
Learn how to make jam with Brandy Hopwood of BerryWood Farm Market. Brandy's creative jams have been a hit at regional farmers markets!
Only a few miles from the inn, this two-night package includes:
- two-nights in the Green Room, Blue Room, Oak Room or John Madison Suite
- delectable locally-sourced breakfast each morning
- a few hours in Brandy's kitchen learning how to make jam
- a scrumptious lunch served by Brandy
- a private tour of their farming operation, including the berry patches, fruit trees and Christmas trees
- two jars of your own personally labeled jam you made that day
- the opportunity to purchase Brandy's creative jams and bakery items at their Farm Store
- homemade cookies and coffee/tea when you return to the inn
- a list of other boutique farms you may visit in the area during the rest of your stay in Orange
This package is available year-round. Want to get a group together? Or do you have kids that would like to join in the fun? Contact us for group pricing.
72 hour advanced notice required.