We are attentive hosts and want your stay at our Virginia bed and breakfast to be outstanding. Please ask your innkeepers for anything you need while you are here—we will do everything we can to accommodate your requests!
We are pleased to offer the following amenities to all our guests:
- Concierge services: Let us help you craft your perfect getaway. We can give you the inside scoop on restaurant menus, the best antique stores, local events, historic sites, winery tours in Virginia, hot air balloon rides, Virginia hiking trails, and scenic drives on Skyline Drive. We are happy to make your stay wonderful!
- Good company, history narratives, tales of high adventure, jokes, smiles, fishing stories (some true, some not), bad harmonica-playing, and color commentary on any topic you want are all optional, at your request. Or, we can just leave you alone to enjoy small-town livin’ for a while.
- FREE Wireless Internet (WiFi)
- Made-from-scratch goodies, such as Sharon’s Chocolate Chip cookies and scones, baked fresh every day and served in our historic parlor.
- “Always open” coffee and tea station.
- Victorian Italian marble fireplace in the parlor with gas fire (winter months only).
- Convenient central location to all that Orange has to offer!
- Only 5 minutes from James Madison’s Montpelier.
- A selection of books, magazines, jigsaw puzzles and games in the parlor.
- Regularly-updated DVD library.
There is plenty to do here! Check out our local Travel Guide for our restaurant and winery recommendations, historic sites, aerial adventures, and other fun stuff. Or, let us do the planning for you and pick one of our great getaway packages.
All six of our guest rooms include the following amenities:
- Queen-sized or king-sized beds with top-quality linens
- Air conditioning
- A cozy electric fireplace heater
- Private bath with soft fluffy towels
- Natural hypoallergenic bath amenities
- Iron and ironing board (upon request)
- Satellite TV and DVD player
- Alarm clock, and in some rooms a docking station
- Free wireless internet on a secure network
- Bottled water
- Reading materials
- Some rooms may also include thick robes, gas fireplaces with historic original mantels, separate sitting rooms, and private side patios.
- Whirlpool Suites are available (great for a girlfriend getaway, a romance package, or a babymoon!)
All of Sharon’s cookies are made from scratch and baked every afternoon. Her chocolate chip cookies are always a guest favorite, but she often will bake another type to keep things interesting. Pictured above are her lemon cake cookies, which disappear about as fast as the chocolate chip! If cookies aren’t your thing, don’t be embarrassed—Sam is more than happy to steal a few for himself!